They say time heals all things but I think they lied.
Support and talking and feeling our feelings heals all things.
Right now, with all the chaos that is COVID-19, there’s an even greater need for support because, for a lot of people with eating disorders and trauma, your kitchen might feel scarier than this pandemic and your normal coping resources may be out of reach. If that sounds like your current experience, coming to a weekly support group might help.
What: support groups for eating disorders and for trauma
When: Mondays 9pm, Tuesdays 8pm, Wednesdays 4pm, Thursdays 12noon (all EST)
Where: all groups meet online in a secure meeting space on Zoom–meeting codes and passwords provided after registration
Cost: Pay what you can starting at $40 to cover a 1-month commitment to this group–this comes out to just $10 per meeting. While I’m only requiring the $10 per week, I do hope you can support the time and effort I am putting into this work by paying the full amount that is reasonable for your personal financial situation.
Registration is currently closed for the month of May but will re-open the first week of June. Check back then for links to the various registration pages or follow me in Instagram to keep up with group updates.
We will not
- mention potentially triggering details about our trauma experiences
- use stigmatizing or pathologizing language
- talk about mental illness as a problem to be solved or a personal moral failing
- ask for consent before giving feedback to other group members
- applaud courage and rest
- utilize inclusive language as much as possible
- apologize when we hurt someone or make a mistake
- add to these group agreements regularly